Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Car Rides

It's starting to get cold out, so I haven't been for as many car rides.  I used to go for a lot of rides in the Mommy's car.  She has something called a Pontiac.  It is a big car.  I like it because I have lots of room in the back seat where I can lay down.  I try to be a good dog and lay there, but I can't resist putting my head out the window.

When the Mommy takes me to get my doggy bath, I get to go for a car ride.  I get to go at least every six weeks.  Then, I put my head out the window and let the wind blow me in the face.  It is so much fun.  I put my paws up on the window, and I stick my head out a little.  All the People driving by smile at me.  I can hear them saying sometimes, "Look at that cute little doggy."

We used to take car rides to the dog park, too.  The Mommy only takes me there some times.  If she takes me to get exercise, she likes to go for exercise, too.  That is why she usually takes me to the park.  We went to the park today.  It was windy and chilly.  I'm glad that I had my fur to keep me warm. Still, I couldn't wait to get home and snuggle up with my blanket and my toys.

The Mommy says she may not have the Pontiac for much longer.  She says she is going to buy herself a new car this year.  The Daddy wants her to get something called a Nissan, but she doesn't know what she wants yet.  I just know that I want to be able to go for rides in it.  When the Daddy got his new car, I wasn't allowed to ride in it as much.  He said he was worried that I would get hairs on it. So, I mostly go for car rides in the Mommy's car now.

Whenever I go for car rides, I feel very special.  I know that something special is about to happen for me.  We used to go for long car rides to Iowa to see the Mommy's Mommy and Daddy and their dog, Bubby.  Bubby went to the Rainbow Bridge, though, and I don't see him any more.  We don't go to Iowa, either, for some reason.  Now, I mostly go to the groomer with the Mommy and sometimes she will drive me to the park.  She loves having me around and she calls me her Best Friend.  I'm glad because the Mommy is my best friend, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment