Monday, August 1, 2016

Mornings with the Mommy

It's Monday morning, and I get to spend time with the Mommy. It's so quiet on Monday mornings. I do whatever the Mommy takes me to do.  Today, I woke up and went downstairs with the Daddy.  As soon as the Mommy woke up, though, she gave me a treat.  She always does that.  Then, she let me outside to go potty.  I went outside, but I stayed close to the house because it was raining.

When I came back inside, she gave me my breakfast.  She puts a little bit of cheese on it so that I will it. I am so picky that I won't eat my breakfast otherwise.  I like things the way I like them. I guess it's because I am a spoiled-y-kins, as the Mommy likes to say.

Then, I like to go take a nap. Sometimes, the Mommy tucks me in my blanket with my toy.  It's so awesome and snuggly.  She calls me her furry child. It's funny I keep calling her the Mommy, though, because I am now older than her....in dog years that is. I am now 56 years old.  It's funny. I still feel like a puppy most days.

Since it's raining today, I will probably stay inside and take a lot of naps.  Maybe the Mommy will turn the TV on for me later. I love to watch TV, especially any shows with dogs in them or animal planet.  My favorite shows are about dogs.  When they use fake dog barking on TV, I can tell. When they use a real dog bark, I perk my ears up and do a little "woof".

The Mommy sits at her desk working and writing. In case you didn't know, she is my ghost writer. She also does a lot of reading and cleans the house.  During the school year, she makes breakfast and dinner every day.  For lunch, she usually makes herself leftovers.  Sometimes, she sits out on the patio with me in the sunshine.  Not today though. Today it is raining, and I am sleeping and snuggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment