Sunday, July 17, 2016

The Park Is My Place

Yesterday, I got to go for a walk with the Mommy, and she took me to the park. I love the park! It is my special place. Every time I go there, I meet a new friend, see a new butterfly, or find a new area to sniff.  Going to the park is the best.

Whenever I go to the park, I am pretty friendly to the other dogs. I see them on their leash, and I nod my head at them.  It's like they are saying, "So they let you out of the house today, too, I see."  The other dogs sniff back. A lot of them will pull on their leash so that their owners will stop and let them play with me. Sometimes the owners let them play with me for a long time.  We will sniff at each other, play bark, and even roll in the grass together.  There is hardly a dog I have ever met that I didn't like. I don't care what size a dog is, I can be friends with them. Big dogs, little dogs, long hair, short hair, young, older, I like almost all dogs. Still, there are a few dogs I can tell right away that they are not nice. They act a certain way or do mean things or my instincts tell me there is something wrong. When I see those dogs, I either stay away from them, start barking at them, or pull on my leash to tell the Mommy, "let's go".

When the Mommy and I start walking again, I quickly forget about the doggy and move on to the next thing.  Usually, it's sniffing a new spot. It seems like every few feet at the park there is something new to sniff.  I can smell other dogs, cats, rabbits, food, people, rain....all kinds of interesting smells are there! I even have stopped to sniff sticks to see if another dog was playing with it.

One thing I don't do when we go to the park is walk through water puddles or the mud. I don't like getting dirty paws.  That's the worst.  When the mud dries, it gets stuck between my toes, and the Mommy has to clean it out for me.  That hardly ever happens, though. I like to stay out of the mud, too, because I don't want my beautiful white fur to get dirty. If you have been paying attention, you know I always like to look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment