Monday, July 11, 2016

I Have A Job, Too!

The People are always talking about going to work or working. Today, though, the Mommy is on this thing called vacation. I guess that means she doesn't have to work at her desk, but she still does all the other work that the Mommy usually does. Except, today, she actually took a nap with me in the afternoon.  Taking naps with the People is the best! I get to snuggle up by their legs, and we have a snore fest. Then, we both wake up and yawn at the same time. I usually win the yawning game because my yawns are the biggest and the longest!

I guess I can say that I "work" too. I protect the People by barking at strangers who come to the house. I also am their therapist that they tell their problems to. And, I am a comedian sometimes and make them laugh. I also have this blog that I write in all the time. Trust me, it's a lot of work to come up with these ideas some days. Other days, my life is pretty exciting, so it comes easier to me.

I also have this job of being friends with the neighborhood animals. Don't tell anybody, but I am the dog who watches over a bunch of cats in our neighborhood. I watch the cats playing outside. If I hear any other dogs barking or growling at them, I give them a bark back or a Manny look. Then, they stop. Actually, one day there was a kitten on our back patio. Another cat was hissing at the kitten. I stood up for the kitten to the other cat, and the other cat just looked at me and walked away. Everyone was happy and played together after that.

I will say that I do not work too hard at being friends with squirrels. I can't be friends with everybody. Plus, their high pitched squeakity squeak bothers me. They also think they are so cool running up and down the trees. I just roll my eyes at them and say "squirrels, you bore me with your silliness." Then, I do my job of snuggling with the Mommy or the Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment