Sunday, October 30, 2016

Do Dogs Get Bullied?

I heard that for the people it's something called National Bullying Prevention Month. I guess the People get bullied a lot.  Sometimes, the People forget that animals get bullied, too.  I can tell you that, for me, it's not easy being a little dog.  It can be a little bit scary at times.

A couple of weeks ago, a big German shephard came into my yard.  He walked right up to the back door.  The People were moving furniture, and he came right into my house!  I was so scared, I hid under the table.  I was really worried because he was about ten times my size, and he had two other German shephard friends.  Fortunately, his little boy owner came and got him, and he went home.  It was actually pretty funny seeing a little boy leading away a great big German shephard.  Don't worry. I didn't get hurt. The other dog was mostly just sniffing me.

I've had other times where I got bullied, too.  Some cats tried to get on my turf.  One of them even came in my house and tried to play with my toys.  I told him to hit the road by nudging him with my head.  Who does that cat think he is!  I'm pretty cool around cats, but cats cannot play with my toys that the Mommy and the Daddy bought just for me.  No way! I'm not even allowed to take the toys outside.  Whenever I try to take a toy outside, the Mommy tells me to put it down.  So, when I get to the door, I drop the toy out of my mouth and leave it there.  Sometimes, I leave the toys there or by my food bowl.

Another time I got bullied was at the dog park.  It was my first time there, and some of the big dogs started chasing me.  There must have been like ten of them.  I was a young pup then, so I was able to outrun all of them.  They gave up, and then they decided I was cool and left me alone.  I still go to the dog park sometimes, and the other dogs think I am cool.  One time, I jumped on a three feet high platform.  I was pretty proud of myself.  The other dogs were like, "Hey, did you see that little white dog jump that high! Wow!"

Mostly, though, I have a lot of animal friends, and I get along with any animal that wants to be friends with me.  Well, except squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment