Sunday, November 20, 2016

Thanks for Turkey Day is Coming!

I am so excited.  One of my favorite holidays is coming up this week.  It's called Thanks for Turkey Day!  I love it so much.  I know it's coming because I saw the Mommy coming back from the store with lots of groceries.  They were the special kind of groceries, too.  I kept sitting there waiting for my treats, and she said, "No, it's not for  you, Manny."  That was my clue, too.  She gets me treats a lot.

What happens on Thanks for Turkey Day?  I will tell you.  First, the Mommy gets up early in the morning.  She gets up early every morning, but she also gets up early on Thanks for Turkey Day. First, she makes some kind of special breakfast.  This year she is going to make banana pancakes with chocolate chunks.  At least that's what I have decided.  I will get my own Manny pancake, but it can't have any chocolate in it.  The Daddy maybe will have some, too.  He has to go to work on Thanks for Turkey Day.  I guess some people like to eat at a restaurant instead of staying home.  I wish they would stay home, so the Daddy can be home with me and my Family.

After breakfast, the Mommy likes to watch this big parade. It is on the TV.  The parade has all kinds of things like singing, dancing, people playing these big horns, horses, and even these giant animals floating through the sky.  The giant animals are kind of scary if you ask me.  One of them is black and white dog like me.  They say he is over 40 stories high.  Oh my goodness!  I hope he never tries to get me.  I might have an accident.  The Mommy loves this parade, and that's is what gets her all excited for Thanks for Turkey Day.

Some time during the parade, the Mommy starts her Thanks for Turkey Day cooking.  This is my favorite part!  I love it when the Mommy cooks.  I always stand right by her just in case she wants to give me a taste of...just about anything.  The Mommy cooks all kinds of yummy foods. She cooks bread, potatoes (I can eat those), cranberries, green beans (never tried one), pineapple, cheese ball, desserts, and, of course, turkey.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  Sometimes, I get a special treat on Thanks for Turkey Day because the Mommy feels guilty.  She thinks I should get something because the People all get to eat something special.

After all the cooking, the People all get together and eat.  Some years they eat at our house, and then some years they go to other people's houses.  I have been to their houses before, too.  I like their houses.  Before they all eat, they say Thanks for Turkey and other things they are thankful for. I don't know how they do it, because I would be thanking for hours.  I guess, though, I am mostly thankful for the Mommy, the Daddy, my yard, my animal friends, and all of the hugs and kisses and love I get every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment