Sunday, March 19, 2017

I'm a Healthy Doggy

I had to go see the doggy doctor recently.  I don't mind the doggy doctor. I usually get really excited because I get to see a whole bunch of other animals, mostly dogs like me.  I get to make a bunch of new friends and see how they are with their owners.  Then, I usually get a treat when I am done with the doggy doctor.

The last time, the Mommy put me up on the table.  It was a slippery silver surface.  My legs went out from under me, like I was learning to walk for the first time.  The doggy doctor put a blanket under me so that I could stand up.  I kept looking at the Mommy.  They did all kinds of things and told me that I was fine.  I even got weighed.  It turns out that it's a good thing that I run up and down the stairs and all over the house.  The Mommy also takes me for a lot of walks.  All of that exercise keeps my weight down and keeps me healthy.

I also had to get stuck with sharp pointy things.  I looked at the Mommy when I got stuck with it. One was right in my leg.  It hurt really bad.  It was a big owie.  I even had some blood.  When I saw the Mommy starting to have tears in her eyes, I decided not to cry any more.  I had to be brave for her. I knew if the the Mommy started crying, then I would start crying.  I couldn't have that.

When I was done at the doctor, I came home and got some treats.  The Mommy and the Daddy said they were going to get me a new toy, but they haven't given it to me yet.  I hope it is a good one.  The Mommy always gets me good toys.

I laid down and took a nap with one of my other toys, instead.  I really like my toy, Tommy, and also my favorites are Lambie and Murray. I pretend sometimes that Murray is my little brother.  The Mommy and the Daddy told me they aren't going to be able to get me another little brother until we move somewhere else. I am kind of glad because the other night a big dog came to our back door.  He came right up to our door and wasn't on a leash.  He didn't hurt me or anything.  I think he wanted the Mommy to help him.

I am really looking forward to having a little brother someday.  Maybe I will be the big brother, Manny, or maybe I will be Uncle Manny.  I think they can call me Uncle Manny.  Then, I can show them my doggy ways and how to really love the People as much as the People love me.

1 comment: