Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sometimes....I Cry!

Dogs get sad sometimes, too.  I don't get sad very often because I have a super awesome life.  Still, sometimes I cry.  I am mostly sad when the People leave me alone when they have to be gone all day or if I get something in my paw.  I also cry sometimes if I see the People are sad. I can't let them cry all by themselves.

I mostly cry when the People are gone for a really long time to work.  The Mommy used to be gone for hours a day.  She would leave in the morning, and then she wouldn't come back until late at night. Some nights, it was dark when she came home. I would always be waiting for her by the screen door looking out.  I would stand there waiting for her.  She would walk in with a big smile and be so happy to see everyone.  She said that it was the best time of her whole day when she went to work...coming home to see us.

Now, the Mommy is home almost all the time.  She works at home.  I know some people think that means that she is a housewife.  She works part-time and  full-time.  Like, I mentioned before, though, she also writes for me, and she writes for something else, too.  She also does this other computer work. She cooks and cleans and does all kinds of chores.  I know the Mommy really misses going to work. She talks about it all the time.  She doesn't like being at home all the time, but I like her being here. Then, I am not so lonely during the day. When she would go to work, I would hide under her desk and wait for her to come home.  Now, I hide other places.

Since we live with neighbors all around us, even on other sides of the wall, it can get noisy for me. Some of the People's voices I don't like. I really like the little kid neighbors.  I don't play with them, though.  I guess some times little kids are scared of dogs.  I like to hear kids play.  When they get mad and cry, though, it hurts my ears.  Then, I start to howl, too.  I can hear the kids from far away, so I start crying and howling.  The Mommy tells me to "Stop!" If she thinks I am really sad, she will come pick me up and say, "Oh, Manny! It's okay. Everybody loves you."  After that, she will hold me really close and sometimes dance with me and sing me a song.  I feel better in a few minutes, and I jump out of her arms and am ready to play again!


1 comment:

  1. I don't like most of my naybors - momma says I's being rood when I growl at em, but I'm just lettin em know who's boss.

    ReplyDelete