Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Mommy Takes Care of Me

Today, I have been mostly laying on my bed while the Mommy works on the computer. The Mommy told me I needed to lay down because I had an icky tummy this morning. I was sick, and she took care of me. She always takes care of the Daddy and I when we are sick.

Because I am sick, I get special things. Today, the Mommy fed me ice cubes out of her hands.  She also moved my bed to the kitchen, which is right by her desk. Usually my bed is by the Mommy's chair in the living room. My upstairs bed is by the Mommy's and Daddy's bed in their bedroom. She also gave me rice.  Rice is easy on the tummy for dogs. I am starting to feel better already. I hope I can convince her that I am feeling better so she will take me on a walk today.

The Mommy also takes care of other dogs, and some cats, too. Whenever dogs would get loose in our neighborhood, they would come sit by our back door. The Mommy always said it was because of me. She said that I had something special that made them to come to our house. She is right. I do have something special...the Mommy. All the dogs and cats know that if they are sick or in trouble, they can come to the Mommy's side, and she will help them.

The other day, the dog next door got loose and followed the Mommy and I all over the neighborhood on our walk. The Mommy kept walking toward our house, and the dog next door followed her.That's because that dog and I play together all the time.

The Mommy has helped lots of dogs when they were sick, too. One time, a dog was cut at his owner's house. The owner lied and said he ran into a fence post. I don't think that was true. The dog walked right up to the Mommy, and the Mommy saw that he was bleeding. She went to get someone to help her take him to the doggie doctor. Then, the Mommy sat with the dog the whole time and covered his sore and made him feel better. She let him know that someone cared about him and wanted him to get better. The Mommy is really good like that. She lets people and animals know she is there for them.

I love having the Mommy around. I love having the Mommy take care of me. She is so good at making everyone feel better. It's like I get better in a day every time, and then I am back to myself. Because of that, I am not scared when I get sick any more.
I know it will be over soon, and I will back at the park playing with my dog friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment