Saturday, April 22, 2017

I'm A Busy Dog

Hey, everybody!  I have been so busy that I forgot to write last week.  In case you didn't know it, last weekend was my birthday!  It was the same day as tax day.  I'm not a tax deduction, though, because I'm not a real boy.  The People always treat me like I am a big part of the family, though.

I didn't do anything really special on my birthday this year.  Instead, I am doing a lot of little special things after my birthday.  I have been getting to go for car rides, taking walks, playing with other dogs, playing with the Mommy and the Daddy.  There is a lot going on for me.


The day after my birthday was Easter.  That is the day that we celebrate Jesus and the Easter Bunny. I'm not really sure what the Easter Bunny has to do with Jesus.  I'm confused about that one.  I also am wondering why the Easter Bunny has eggs in his basket.  That is strange to me.  Anyway, I tried to catch the Easter Bunny.  I woke up bright and early.  I thought I even heard him coming into my house.  I ran downstairs as fast as I could.  The Mommy was even laughing at me. When I got to the kitchen where I thought the Easter Bunny was, guess what I found? The Daddy taking things out of bags that the Mommy gets from the store.  I was like, "Where is the Easter Bunny?" The Mommy just laughed at me.

The rest of the week I have been busy, too, because it is Spring Time.  Spring is an important time for me.  I walk around and play outside, and it's time for the animals in the neighborhood to say "hello" to each other.  We don't get to see each other as much in the winter.  Some of the cats and dogs don't come out when it is cold.  We also got a new girl dog in our neighborhood.  She is super cute.  It made me want a little brother or sister even more.  I have been dreaming about having a play mate.

The Mommy and the Daddy have always taken really good care of me and loved me lots.  They make me feel so special and like I am such a great part of the family.  Every morning, I get to see their faces first thing.  At night time, I even take my toys to the People's bed. That way, I can give the toys to the People if they need something to snuggle with.

Today, we had lots of visitors.  I get really excited and bark.  I always think everyone is coming here just to play with me.  The Mommy says, "of course, they are!"

No comments:

Post a Comment