Friday, September 23, 2011

That Squirrel!

Okay, I have to share this with you.  There is a squirrel who sits outside my door and taunts me every day.  I stand by the screen door, and he sits out there and does his "squeakity, squeak, squeak" teasing me.  He is like, "Look at me! I'm free.  I can go where ever I want.  You're a dog.  You're in a house."  Then, he goes and gathers up his nuts and eats them right in front of me.  He does some more of his "squeakity, squeak, squeak" and then runs up a tree.  Then, he says to me, "You can't get me because dogs can't climb trees."  This has been going on for a while.

I decided to teach that squirrel a lesson.  When he wasn't looking, I gathered up a bunch of his acorns and hid them behind My Chair in the house.  I did my "barkity, bark, bark" and that scared him right up the tree.  You should have seen him shake.  Ha! Ha!  And, I would like to add that the squirrel is not as smart as he thinks.  Yeah, I might be in a house. In a few months, I will be in a house where it is warm, and he will be outside freezing in the snow.  The People bring me my food in a dish, and he has to go out and look for his own food.  Yeah, I can't climb a tree, but why would I want to?  What's the point?  What would I even do when I got up there?  I've been on car rides before.  The squirrel has never been on car rides before.  Well, not on purpose. 

That squirrel can keep on squeaking, because I am in my nice house with The People who love me, pet me, hug me, feed me, bathe me, and even pick up my poop!  What squirrel can say that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment