Sunday, January 8, 2017

All the Good Dogs

The Mommy and the Daddy took me to get groomed yesterday.  I love it when I have my bath.  The ladies always take such good care of me.  They were even super busy, yesterday, too.  I liked it. They even trimmed my neck hair and made my nails just the right length.  Now, my collar doesn't itch me as much, and my nails look really nice.

When I was at the groomer, there were some other dogs there, too.  Those dogs needed to be adopted. I was adopted by the Mommy and the Daddy when I was just a puppy. The Daddy was the one who wanted to adopt me.  Not the Mommy. I guess the Mommy didn't even want a dog.  I remember the first time the Mommy picked me up. She loved me since the first time she held me. It was like I was her very own puppy, and she always made me feel right at home. But, I was scared at first, and I puked in her lap on the car ride home.  I was scared of the car back then, but now I love going for car rides! 

Most of the dogs that were at the store were not puppies, though. Some of them were older dogs, and some were younger dogs.  There were big dogs and little dogs.  The Mommy has a big heart, and she really wants to adopt another dog.  I guess she really understands what it is like to be adopted because she is adopted, too.  She was adopted by her Mommy and Daddy, but she wasn't a baby.  She was a little girl in elementary school.

The Daddy is worried if they should adopt another dog.  He is worried that I wouldn't get along with them. I get along with almost every dog.  Still, I think the dog should be younger than me.  That way, I can teach him my doggy ways and teach him how to get along with the People and make them happy like I do.  I want the dog to be small, too, that way he won't try to fight me and try to be the alpha in my house.  Plus, I think big dogs are scary to some People. 

Sometimes, the People won't adopt dogs because they think there is something wrong with them. They think that is why the dog is in the shelter.  Of course, a lot of the People know it is not the dog's fault that they are there to be adopted. They are worried someone abused the dog, and they don't know if the dog will be able to be loved.  I can't believe anyone would think that an adopted creature is unlovable.  I guess they just don't have enough love in their hearts to know that all dogs are the good dogs.  I guess dogs have been loved for centuries, because even the Bible says that all dogs go to heaven...that's where the name of the movie came from. 

Anyway, I hope that the Mommy and the Daddy get a little brother or sister for me someday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment