Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Mommy's Best Friend

A lot of times people call dogs "man's best friend", but I am the Mommy's best friend.  I love spending time with her, snuggling with her, and listening to her talk.  I spend hours and hours and hours with her.  It's just the two of us almost every day.  She is the one who feeds me in the morning, lets me out, walks me.  She even cleans up my poop, and she cleans the mud out of my paws or takes out burs that I step on.  She takes care of me when I am sick, and she wipes my eyes when I cry. When I am sad, she gives me hugs. I do the same for her.  Every night I go to sleep knowing the Mommy and the Daddy are there.  A lot of mornings, the Mommy's face is the first face that I see.

The Mommy also does her best to try to communicate with me.  If I howl or try to talk, she does her best to understand me.  She knows all of my signals by now. Sometimes, I come up with new ones to keep her on her toes.  One I do a lot is that I paw at her hand or put my head over the tablet or computer.  When I do that, she knows I want her to pay attention to me, not the computer.

I also talk to the Mommy a lot because she is the only lady at home.   She keeps track in her mind all the things that I like. That way, she can remember what I like or don't like.  She does that with food, games, music, movies, everything. She remembers everything about me.  Sometimes, it might take her a minute to remember it.  Like the other day, she was trying to remember the name of one of my doggie friends. It took her a minute to remember it, but she did.

Another reason the Mommy is my best friend is because I think the Mommy is great! The Mommy is a wise woman. The Mommy says that even when people aren't nice to you, you still have to keep going. I think the same thing is true for animals. She says I am her favorite doggie. Sometimes, I think that no one reads my stories, but the Mommy tells me they do.  She tells me she likes them, and that I am doing a good job. The Daddy does, too. That's why I keep writing my blog. I know that there are people who like reading it and think I'm awesome.  I think the Mommy is pretty awesome, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment