Sunday, January 29, 2017

All Better Now

The Mommy told her friends yesterday on the Facebook that I hurt myself. I did. I hurt my paw. It was really sore last night. The Mommy was really worried. At first, she thought it was my leg because she saw my muscles twitching by my shoulder. She pulled an ice pack out of the freezer, and she wrapped it up in a towel. Then, she put it on my muscle. It felt so good. It was so nice and cool! Later, she realized I hurt my paw, not my shoulder. She figured it out because I kept licking the back of my paw. The Mommy is so smart, and she notices a lot of things.

Don't tell her, but the reason I hurt my paw is because I was playing hurdles in her bedroom. The Mommy and the Daddy have a big oversized chair in their bedroom. It used to be in the living room. Now, it is in their bedroom. At first, I jumped up on the seat cushion, and I found out it was bouncy. It was so bouncy that if I jumped hard enough on it, it helped me jump right over the chair's arm without hardly trying. Once I figured it out, I had to try it again and again and again and again. I even did it a couple of times for the Mommy when she was putting on her socks. She was amazed, and I smiled my doggy smile.I know that it's irresistible to her.

I think the Mommy knew what I was doing, though. A lot of times, she knows what I am doing without even seeing it. Sometimes, she will yell at me when I am upstairs and she is downstairs and say, "I don't know what you are doing, but stop doing it!" Or, she will use her mad voice and say, "Manny, get down here right now." Then, she will look at me and say, "Were you being naughty?" I don't know how she does it. It's like she can see through the ceiling. She does a good job of being the Mommy. Her job at home isn't just to cook and clean and let all of us do whatever we want. Otherwise, boy, would our house be a complete mess!

Yesterday when I hurt my paw, I knew the Mommy would take care of me, and I would be all better by morning. Guess what? When I woke up this morning, my paw was as good as new.


2 comments: