Sunday, January 22, 2017

Lazy Sunday

Today is my lazy day.  Actually, most days are my lazy days.  Now that I am getting older, I like to sleep a lot more.  I like to say it is because napping is my hobby.  I have napping down to an art form. I have tried almost every couch and chair and floor space at home, and I have picked out the best ones.  I am laying upstairs in the Mommy's room on the blanket today.  Not on the nice blanket, because then the Mommy would get mad at me.  There are some blankets I am not allowed to sleep on.

When I am napping, I have really nice dreams.  I dream it is a sunny day or that I am chasing butterflies or that I am running.  The Mommy can tell when I am having the running dreams when I am laying next to her because I start moving my paws really fast.  Sometimes, she wakes me up because I can hear her laughing at me. She says that I snore, too.  I do snore, some times. I can hear myself.  I wake myself up wondering "What is that noise?"

I bark in my sleep some times, too.  I dream I am seeing others dogs walk by our house, and I am barking to say "Hello."  Other times, I dream that the Daddy or the Mommy are coming home late, and I am barking at them to say, "Where have you been?" I don't know why I dream that about the Mommy. The Mommy is always there for me. The Mommy is the one who plays with me and takes care of me the most.

Lately, I have been going upstairs, though, to lay down by myself.  I started doing this because the Mommy works on her computer and doesn't pay attention to me.  I would go up to her and grab her arm and say, "Pay attention to me, not the computer." She would smile, pet me, and play with me for a couple of minutes, but then she went right back to work.

The Mommy was worried at first because she thought there might be something wrong.  She was like, "Why is Manny laying down by himself?" But, it's because even dogs need to be alone some times.  Plus, I know that the Mommy is always there for me, so now I can be more independent.  I'm not worried about if she will leave me or anything.  I know that she loves me and will be there to take care of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment