Wednesday, January 4, 2017

My New Year's Resolutions

I am so excited it is 2017.  I have so many great plans and ideas in store for this year.  I know that it is going to be the Year of Manny. In order to make sure it is, I came up with a bunch of New Year's Resolutions to make this the best year ever.

1. Give more hugs and kisses to the People.  The People can never get too many hugs and kisses from me.  I think that is just impossible.  Instead, I should give them more so they will know how much I love them.

2. Exercise every day.  Some days, I get really lazy, especially when it is cold outside.  Then, I like to lay around and watch TV and take naps all day long.  For instance, today, I ran up and down the stairs a lot of times.  That was mostly because the Mommy kept calling me, "Manny, Manny!" Then, I would go running down the stairs.

3. Eat more fruits and vegetables.  I like fruits and vegetables, especially apples, oranges, and potatoes.  I don't like grapes, and it isn't only because it's a no-no food for dogs.  They smell weird to me. The People ate grapes to make their "New Year's Wishes." I was like, "None for me, thanks." To me grapes are like little mini water filled balloons made by nature with really thin skins.  I could eat a whole bag of grapes and still be hungry but then have to go potty in half an hour.  No thanks. No grapes for me.

4. Play with more dogs and play with fewer cats. Okay, so here is the confession part of my New Year's Resolution. I play with cats...a lot.  There are a bunch of cats who like to hang around my neighborhood.  I pay attention to them because they are semi-interesting, and I get bored.  Plus, I think it's funny when their owners get all freaked out that their cat is sitting by me.  Like I am going to hurt a cat.  Get serious.  I am roughly the same size as a house cat. Still, I prefer dogs over cats.  Except for the neighbor's German Shepherds.  I don't like them.  They are too big for me to play with. A German Shepherd to a Rat Terrier is like a shark to....well, almost every other fish...except dolphins, whales and manatees.

5. Be less of a mooch.  Sometimes, the People call me Manny the Mooch.  That's because I sit in front of them and give them my sad dog eyes and lift my paw and cock my head in this cute way to get attention (and food) from them.  At the dinner table, I usually sit by the Mommy because I know that is where I have the greatest chance of getting some People food.  She doesn't like feeding me off the table too much, though.  She has caught me a few times trying to get to the meat that she serves for dinner, so she doesn't want to encourage that behavior.  That's what she says.  And, sometimes, I'm not even doing anything, but it's like she can tell what I'm thinking.  She will say, "Manny, I don't know what you are doing, but stop doing it!" Boy, has she saved me from getting in a lot of trouble...because I do like to do naughty things some times.  It's in my doggy nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment