Sunday, May 1, 2016

Happy May Day!

Today is the first day of May. I am so excited. Even though I am a dog, I know that May is special. First, it means there are a bunch of flowers to look at and play with.  I love flowers. I like to put my nose in them and be funny. I love the way flowers smell, too. If we have them in our yard, I lay on my back and roll in them, so I can smell pretty, too.  I should confess that I roll in other things that don't smell pretty, also. Then, the Mommy tells me I stink, and I have to have a bath.

This is such a perfect day for May Day, too.  The weather is not too hot or too cold. It's just perfect. I can lay on my blanket with the window open while the Mommy drinks her coffee and works. If I get too cold, I can go snuggle on her lap.  Wonderful.

To me, May Day is the official beginning of spring. I know that it is spring time in April, but I don't like April as much because of the rain. Some times when it rains, there is thunder. Thunder is scary. When it rains really hard, it hurts my doggy ears, too. Let's not forget I have to do my business outside, and I get all wet when I go potty. April is not my favorite month.

I also love May because the People start going outside, playing, laughing, riding bikes, and walking their dogs. Then, I get to see all of my doggy friends from the neighborhood walking by my house. Then, I can bark to them, "what's up?"  Some of them bark back to me. Others walk by like, "Manny, I'm busy." I do the same thing to them, though. I feel super special when I get to go for walks around our neighborhood and see all of the other People and my doggy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment