Thursday, May 26, 2016

Sleeping In

I know the People like to sleep in.  I really don't like to sleep in that much. I like to get up early. I love waking up in the morning and hearing the birds chirping. I can't wait to get outside and start running after them. They fly away because they are scared.  It's funny. I am on a leash, and the little birds think I am going to catch them. I have come face to face with  bird once. I didn't do anything. I just smelled it's feathers. It smelled like chicken.

I also am really excited for the mornings because that's when I first get to see the People. Last night, I was allowed to sleep upstairs with the People. There was a big thunderstorm coming, and the Mommy and the Daddy were worried I would be scared. They let me sleep on  big blanket on the floor that has a picture of a dog on it. The picture of the dog tells me that blanket was for me.

When I woke up today, I went over to the Mommy's side of the bed and started walking in circles, making noise with my collar. She didn't wake up right away, so I let out a big yawn. Then, she opened her eyes. I go to the Mommy's side of the bed, because the Daddy won't wake up. He likes to sleep in. The Mommy doesn't care as much. I think she likes the morning almost as much as me.

When the Mommy opened her eyes, I put my paws on her side of the bed and started giving her my cute doggy eyes. She pet me and said, "Hi, Manny." I was like, "Lady, I need to go outside, and I need some food." I let her know this by walking back and forth to the door and licking her hand. Licking her hand is my way of telling her to feed me.

As soon as she opened the door, I went running down the stairs to go outside. Guess what? The sun was shining and the grass was wet from the rain.  It was a great day to be outside in the morning. I loved it. I didn't even bark or cry to go back inside. After I was done doing my business, the Mommy let me back inside. She gave me a treat to warm up my tummy, and then she gave me water and my dog food. I ate my breakfast, and now I'm ready to get on with my day. My plans are to eat, sleep and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment