Saturday, May 21, 2016

Saturday is Store Day

I was so excited when I woke up this morning because I know that Saturday is Store Day. The Mommy and the Daddy go to the store on Saturdays.  Whenever, they come home, I get some kind of treat.  Saturday is one of my favorite days. Of course, I like, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, too.  Actually, almost every day is my favorite day.

Today, though, the Mommy went to the store to get the People breakfast.  They eat eggs, bacon, cereal, juice, donuts, toast, potatoes, and all kinds of delicious things. I usually do not get any of the breakfast food.  The Mommy says it is in my list of no-no foods. Sometimes, though, the Mommy makes me a Manny pancake.  It is a delicious.  It is my a doggy sized pancake, and then she puts peanut butter on it. It is so good that I gobble it right up.  Then, I give her my cutest dog eyes and beg for more.  She laughs at me and says, "No, Manny, that's enough."

I love watching the Mommy put the food away from the Store, too.  That way I know where all the best food is. She puts most of it in this big thing called a refrigerator.  Sometimes I try to look in there, but I usually can't see around the People. I know that if I get a treat from the refrigerator, though, that it is something really special. The People also put my treats on top of the refrigerator, and that means that they are something extra special for me to eat.

The People get excited for store day, too, because they know there will be something really good to eat.  I learned to always thank the Mommy for making me me my breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  I tell her thank you with my eyes, or by walking up to her and snuggling by her. She always says, "You're welcome," like feeding me is no big deal.  But, eating is one of my favorite things in life...after napping, going on walks and chasing butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment