Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mommy's Day!

Today is the day called Mother's Day.  It is supposed to be a special day for the Mommy. She deserves a special day. She does a lot of things for me, and other People. Every morning, she wakes up and makes breakfast. Sometimes, the Daddy eats breakfast, too. It depends on whether or not he has to go to this placed called WORK. I don't like the place, WORK.  It doesn't sound fun. But, the Mommy has WORK, too, at her desk.  I like it when she works, because she is very happy when she is working.

She also does the laundry. She also cooks other meals, like dinner.  That's my favorite meal! I love dinner time because that's when maybe I get a little piece of cheese or meat from the table. Some times I get apples or potatoes, too. There are times I ask for certain foods, and the Mommy says, "No, Manny. That's a no-no food for you." That means the food isn't good for me to eat.  Grapes and avocados are no-no foods for me.

That's another thing the Mommy does. She looks after everyone to make sure they are healthy. She makes tea and coffee for the People when they don't feel good.  If they start sniffling, the Mommy starts really cleaning the house. She puts blankets on them when they are sleeping, and she makes special meals when they don't feel good. She does the same thing for me. The Mommy makes me eat rice when my tummy hurts.  Then, when it feels better, she puts some chicken in it. Yummy! She also gets out the lemon smelling rag and starts rubbing it on the counters and the door handles when the People don't feel good. Then, she washes my blankets in the living room (everyone uses them, but I say they are mine.) Next, comes my least favorite - the vacuum.

After that, the Mommy usually lays down on the couch or even sits at the dinner table and listens to everyone talk about their day and their problems. Even me. Sometimes, I howl or bark to try to communicate with the Mommy. Other times I give her clues by licking her hands or licking my paws or looking at the door. She is really good at understanding everything about me. I feel bad some times because the People around me aren't very good at talking to the Mommy or listening to her. That's why when it's just us, the Mommy talks to me and tells me her problems. I am a really good listener. I even tilt my head back and forth to let her know I am listening.  Some times, I move my ears. Other times, I sit by her chair, just to say I am here for you.

I think the Mommy is really great, and I am so glad there is a special day to celebrate her and thank her for everything she does for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment