Monday, January 17, 2011

About Napping

Napping is an art.  I know a lot of dogs and people think they are great nappers, but I have them beat.  I have developed napping to an art form.  There is a certain way, certain time, and even a certain place to nap.  Napping is important so I get my rest and look good for the ladies.  This is how I nap.

In the morning, I nap right after breakfast.  I wait for the Mommy to feed me, I go do my business, then I come in and take a nap while she does her exercise and cleaning.  Watching her makes me sleepy. So, I go lay on My Chair and take a nap.  When I am done, I do my little stretch to let her know that I am ready for a treat.

At lunch time, I do the same thing.  Only this time, I pull a blanket down off the back of the couch with my teeth, gather a couple of pillows, circle around the blanket and the pillows until I find the right spot, and take a good nap.  I know I am getting a good nap in if I start dreaming about chasing butterflies, running at the lake, or taking a walk at the park.  You can usually tell if my nap is good because my legs start moving.  Sometimes, I even snore a little.  I'm not embarrassed, dreaming and snoring are part of a good nap. 

At night, the People are home.  I snuggle up next to them and act like I want them to pet me.  Then, I lay my head on their lap and roll over for them to rub my tummy.  While they are rubbing my tummy, I close my eyes and go to sleep.  Now, I am all warm and relaxed.  Sometimes, I try to push them out of the way so I can get into their blanket, too, but usually the People won't move.  They pat my head and tell me how cute I am.  I think to myself, "I know," and then I go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment